Seychelles is an island country spanning in the Indian Ocean, some 1,500 kilometres (932 ml) east of mainland Africa, northeast of the island of Madagascar. Seychelles is an established and popular place to incorporate companies for international business purposes. The Seychelles Company is flexible tax-free which favors asset protection and high confidentiality.
Seychelles Companies are attractive because of their:
- Fast incorporation - Same day formation is available in the Seychelles: Companies are incorporated on a same-day basis, on receipt of instructions in Seychelles. There is a time difference of +4 hours to GMT. Bizserve Consultants can also provide ready-made companies.
- The Seychelles has Double Tax Agreements in force with the following countries: Barbados, Botswana, China, Cyprus, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Oman, Qatar, South Africa, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, and Vietnam.
- Flat rate tax of USD110
- Exception from the payment of income tax of all dividends, interests, royalties, rents, compensations and other amounts
- Sey IBCs are not required to file annual returns
- The companies’ accounts need not be audited by internal or external auditors
- Books and records can be maintained anywhere in the world.
- It is not a requirement having a minimum or maximum share capital
- Not applicable: payment of capital gains taxes, inheritance taxes and death duties
- The share capital of Sey IBCs doesn't have to be disclosed
- There are no issued share capital requirements for IBC's
- Multiple classes of shares can be issued by an IBC
- An IBC can issue shares with or without a par value
- Seychelles provide local banking services and have a quality communication infrastructure.
- Complete confidentiality in regards to the information of directors, officers and shareholders
- Companies and individuals, both may act as company directors, secretaries and/or shareholders
- Only one shareholder is required for incorporation
- Only one director is required for incorporation
- The sole director can also be the sole shareholder
- Registers of directors and officers is not obligatory, however If prepared, the registers can be kept anywhere in the world
- Appointing a company secretary is not mandatory
- Sey IBCs may have beneficial owners
- It is not compulsory to hold Annual General Meetings (AGMs)
- Board meetings can be held anywhere in the world including the Seychelles
- It is not a requirement for the attendees to be physically present at the company meetings. This can be done though other electronic means such us: virtual meetings, teleconferencing etc
Recent amendments in accounting records
Recent amendments in accounting records have been announced from Seaychelles. Seychelles has amended its law in order to comply with the criteria set out by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
Further to the amendments it is a statutory requirement for an offshore company to retain accounting records that reflect its financial position. The company’s accounting records can be kept in any place or country chosen by the director (including the registered office). If the Director chooses to keep the accounting records in other place than the registered office, the Director is obliged to inform the registered agent in writing in regards to the location of the company’s accounting records.
In the incidence of failure to provide us with the accounting records of each year the Company’ directors, shareholders and the company itself are exposed to the convictions anticipated by the relevant laws of the jurisdiction
Bizserve Consultants can offer the following services:
- Formation of the company
- Provision of registered office
- Provision of director services
- Provision of nominee shareholders (if requested and/or required)
- Provision of company secretary
- Secretarial, Banking and Legal Support
Relevant information on company formation in Seychelles
Questionnaire for the Incorporation of a Seychelles Company